Should I leave betta in community tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nameless01

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone! I'm going to make this post quick and simple as I usually do. So I have a 75 gallon community tank( angels, rams, bosemani rainbows, dwarf rainbows, Cory cats, red tail shark and syno cats along BN pleco) so far this tank has been set up for about 3 or so months. Everything seems to be in good standing but I was just wondering if my betta will do fine in here? He is very special to me because of his crazy coloration, you guys can check him out in the pictures I add. I picked out one of the lower priced bettas but the worker at my lfs was quick to point out he was probably priced wrong as he should've been upwards of $20. I'm no betta expert but just by his coloration I can see why. So I have a 33 gallon long that is cycled with some guppies currently In there. I plan on setting up a tanganyikan style tank but just need to research some more. But for the time being I want to have some fun with it. So I've had thoughts of maybe keeping a dwarf puffer or a South American puffer but I'm hesitant because I don't know if it's okay to keep my betta in the community tank for the long run. Would my betta prefer a tank by itself? Or will he be fine with the others? Let me know what you guys think!IMG_0334.jpgIMG_0336.jpgIMG_0357.jpgIMG_0361.jpgIMG_0388.jpg

Ended up being long and complicated lol sorry guys but here he is when I first got himIMG_0291.jpg definitely my favorite out the bunch haha

Absolutely amazing looking betta. I wouldn't risk putting him in a with angel fish, they are notorious fin nippers.

Leave the betta by itself, but definitely not with the angels.
If you put him with the angels call the [emoji603] !

Back
Top Bottom