I just scored a 55 gallon at the petco $ per gallon sale to replace my 20 long. Yippeee!!
My dilemma is that I am leaving for vacation in 3 weeks and I'm afraid to make the change before I for fear of spiking or breaking my cycle. Obviously I want things to be stable before I go.
I have 2 fancy goldfish in the 20 with an aquaclear 50, a marineland 100 biowheel, a 200 gph
pond pump all of which I'll be moving over to the 55 and I just ordered an aquaclear 110. I'll probably get another 110 when I get the cash.
So do you think it would be safe to do the move now or should I wait till I get back? I have someone coming to feed and do weekly water changes on both of my tanks (I also have a tropical community) but I can't ask them to do daily changes if the cycle gets broken.