Show me your loaches....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GouramiFanatic, that is just too weird. I have 3 dojos as well, one of them being a gold dojo (he is my most recent dojo addition as well).

Also, one of my six yoyos is missing an eye as well, the same eye as yours. Mine does just fine. He gets just as much food as everyone else, and no one picks on him. Its hard for me to get decent yoyo pics, but I will try to get a pic of mine soon.

Aren't dojos so photogenic? I love taking picture of them, they take really nice up close shots :D

LandGhoti said:
I remember your post from a long time ago ("yoyo not growing"). Is that Tiny?

Do the other fish pick on Uno or does he hold his own pretty well?
Yup, that's Tiny! He's the most active of all of the Yoyos. Maybe he's just got extra metabolism or something and he burns off the weight so easily! lol

As far as 'Uno', not only does he do remarkably well with one eye - he's the aggressor of all of them. He's the one who's normally seen chasing the others all around. Maybe he knows he has a disadvantage of having only one eye so he's making up for it with attitude. :)

hsherman1986 - I actually have 3 'regular' Dojos and 1 Gold. Looking at the pictures I posted you can see the differences between the 3 'regulars'. In the picture with just one Dojo you can see how it's got a lot of little spots. In the photo with two of them together, the one actually resting on the gravel has a really light skin color with some light larger spots and the othe one's spots sort of form a 'lined' pattern on it's side. Hope that makes sense.

I also have a difficult time getting decent pics of the YoYos. They just don't like to sit still (unless they're laying on their sides sleeping that is). Very weird about the eye thing. I kept a very close eye on 'Uno' when Inoticed his eye was missing. I'm glad to see he's doing so well. :)

ahh ok, looking back at the photos, yes I can tell the difference between the three.

Here is the best pic ever of my three dojos together

*hopefully this works, I seem to be having issues with this today*

yea, i wasn't having problems with this hosting service till today. I think I will upload all my pics elsewhere, just don't have time right now (getting ready for work). I will deal with it later ;D

Keep the pics coming folks! :D

Here are my newest additions, taken from under the same faux log at Petsmart. They were labeled angelicus botia (which is the same as botia kubotai), and I know they're juvies, but I think maybe #1 could be rostrata(?) Can anyone tell when they're small like this? I think #1 probably is a kubotai but his brown stripes haven't merged yet? The second one I'm sure is kubotai.

img_769032_0_e8b0ae58bcf8d00351a31ab9e21e6bf9.jpg

img_769032_1_465545fac51fac85fec8f78ffe667a94.jpg

Within 5 minutes of release into the tank, they were chasing the cherry barbs around. They get along great with my yoyo even though he's about 3 times their size, and the golden algae eater LOVES them.

Good luck with them. I woke up one morning to find all of mine dead :( it will be a bit before I try them again.

I am still trying to get the courage to get that GN Pleco....darn $40 fish

Landghoti: yes, the first pic does look a bit like a rostrata, but the lateral black markings will probably develop over time. Juvy kubotai do look like rostrata: how big is s/he right now?

coldmachine: They are both only about 1.25 or 1.5 inches (not sure how that translates to metric).

hsherman: These little guys were both half price ($9.99 each) so I had to get them!

yea, I might try them again, but probably not anytime soon. I am still trying to convice hubby that the $40 gn pleco that has been at the lfs for MONTHS won't die when we bring it home, so it will be ok to buy it. He won't let me get it yet...one day though, one day, that pleco WILL come home with me :D

LandGhoti said:
coldmachine: They are both only about 1.25 or 1.5 inches (not sure how that translates to metric).

Ok, so just under half usual adult size. I'd wait until they're 2-3" and see how they shape up. If the other retains the vertical twin stripes without any darkening of the colouration then chances are it could well be rostrata: these are actually a little more rare than kubotai, so it would be no bad thing! :)

I wish I had gotten a picture last weekend. I came back from my girlfriends place for the weekend and I had left the aquarium light off (no live plants). My dojo loach was much, much darker. When I turned the light on within a few hours he was back to his much lighter coloring.

Back
Top Bottom