Show me your puffer tank?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetcarolinex3

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm working on a 10 gallon brackish water tank specifically for one puffer! I'm having trouble thinking of ideas to keep him entertained. I'm open to any suggestions and would love to see pictures!!!

I wish I had puffers but don't hope some goood pics come what kind of puffer are you getting

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am also curious about what kind of puffer you are getting, the only puffers that will fit in a 10 gallon are the freshwater pea puffers :)

I wish I had puffers but don't hope some goood pics come what kind of puffer are you getting

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The woman at the store at the fish specialty store recommend a green spotted puffer. She said she had one for years and he was great!

My Maiabar Puffer

Here is my Malabar puffer, "Puffy", yes I know, an original name when she was in a 20 long...she is now in the 55 gal. community tank.

Attachments

• dec23 005 (640x480).jpg
    dec23 005 (640x480).jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 146
Puffy the puffer

A side note, when I had her in the 20 gallon, all she would do was go up and down the side of the tank....hour after hour. I felt she was bored. I moved her into the community tank...not really knowing how she would do with the other fish as I have tiger barbs, black neon tetras and swordtails in that tank.

She is not bored any more, she swims along with everyone else, sometimes she hides among the caves and plants and everyone keeps to themselves. No one bothers her or vice versa. And she does not swim up and down on the side wall any more.

In a 10gal you can keep a figure 8 puffer... but its a terrible idea. You should do a dwarf puffer tank instead...

Sent from my HM NOTE 1W using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm working on a 10 gallon brackish water tank specifically for one puffer! I'm having trouble thinking of ideas to keep him entertained. I'm open to any suggestions and would love to see pictures!!!

And with brackish puffers you'll need warm water and from my own experience it does infact make a salty mess and you gotta watch out for salt creep.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410122004.776932.jpg
I keep a figure 8 puffer are a spotted green together in my brackish tank. I know most people say puffers are aggressive toward each other but mine are buddies they swimm together sleep together and eat together they are very well mannered for puffers.

Tanks cloudy because I just did a water change.

They are only buddies when young, the gsp has a temprement problem when large, but if they grow up together, may not be an issue

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1410132446.417176.jpg 20 gallon brackish. Sg at 1.010 ima upgrade soon to a 55. Acclimating two mollies.

Using My iPad and I Love Fishes! <~8~>

My SAP in the 20 planted long, hard to get a nice pic, they're fast! He lives with cories and 4 rainbow fish

Attachments

• 1410132691559.jpg
    1410132691559.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 70
Happen to be play sand?

It's acutely pool filter sand. I like it more than play sand because the grains are a little more rounded so it won't harm the puffers skin

It's acutely pool filter sand. I like it more than play sand because the grains are a little more rounded so it won't harm the puffers skin

Oh I gotcha I don't know that. I have crushed coral to buff the pH a bit. I want to setup up a half filled tank so I can have archer fish so feeding them will me fun

I have a banded archer and when I had his tank half full for him it was fun to feed. Now the tank is full to give the puffer's more room but a want the archer in his own tank eventual so he can soot again. Funny thing happens when I got the archer I was moving him from the bag to the tank and while moving he spit my wife in the face nearly dropped him from laughing so hard.

Sent from my QMV7A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom