Shrimp ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ilovefish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am wondering how long I should wait before adding shrimp to a tank? This tank has been cycling for six weeks with two black-skirt tetras; it is a six-gallon tank. All my tests are normal and have been stable for two weeks. I am not sure how hardy ghost shrimp are? Thanks! :)

I'm not sure if there is any specific time frame you should wait but I would make sure all parameters are stable for quite some time. As far as the hardiness of Ghost Shrimp, I think it really depends on the batch you get, in my experience. I have got batches that have lived for a better portion of a year and some I'll wake up the next morning after acclimating and they are floating on the bottom. It seems juvies are a lot hardier. Hope this helps.

I'd say you could add them any time you want, since the aquarium is cycled and has been stable for a couple of weeks. The hardiness of the shrimp depends on how they've been handled. Since they are generally considered a feeder, they often aren't treated well since they just need to live long enough to be fed.

Back
Top Bottom