shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of tank is it and what kind of shrimp are you talking about

Are you keeping other species in the tank? Is this a species only tank?

The more information you offer, the more responses you'll receive. :)

Fluval Ebi nano 30l, its sold as a shrimp habitat. Will b keeping it as shrimp only habitat. Thinking ghost, cherry and bamboo

Although I can certainly see cherry in an 8 gallon tank, I'm not sure about ghosts and bamboo. Ghosts will probably eat all the cherry shrimplets. The ghosts are real pigs and will consume anything they can catch.

Any reason against bamboos or just personal opinion? How about stocking levels?

I don't have bamboo and so cannot give an opinion on what they require, how many, etc.

If you went with cherries, you could have a gazillion, and soon will if it's a cherry only tank. (y)

Seriously..... 8 gallons? I'm not sure. I'm going to guess and say start off with 20 of them. Hope someone with more shrimp knowledge stops by.

I'm glad I came across your thread. I've got an Ebi Nano 30L on it's way & I was looking for some advice on stocking. Ideal!

My ebi arrived yesterday, set up and cycling. Used some water and media from fishtank to speed up process

Ghost shrimp only really become carnivores when they arent getting enough food.

I could see a population of cherries left unmolested in a tank that size getting to be 100 - 200 in number.

Added 10 cherries yesterday, all looking great in the Ebi. Will keep every1 posted

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110925_105812.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110925_105812.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 58
And live plants today, take a look

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110928_024927.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110928_024927.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 53
  • ForumRunner_20110928_025007.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110928_025007.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 48