Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QuietPlotter

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have never kept shrimp before. I am looking to put some in my 10g, as my cichlids would eat them in the 40gbr.

So... What kind of shrimp? Tankmates will be 2 Platys and a Bolivian Ram. FYI, I wasn't planning to get as everyone was against it. But the LFS has 6 in a 10g, I figure this will be a better home.

I have a severe diatom problem too.

Red Cherry?
Ghost?
Amano?

I was thinking of getting 12, hehe, this should be interesting...

QP

Mumma, I know. After all of the replies on my other thread, I knew a ram simply wasn't for me. My LFS houses 6 in a 10g, and has been doing so for the better part of 6 months.

Nobody is buying those guys. I plan to get one and give it some more peace...
What would you do, Mumma?

Hehhehehe shrimpy shrimp... Do they make good Betta snacks?

QuietPlotter said:
Mumma, I know. After all of the replies on my other thread, I knew a ram simply wasn't for me. My LFS houses 6 in a 10g, and has been doing so for the better part of 6 months.

Nobody is buying those guys. I plan to get one and give it some more peace...
What would you do, Mumma?

Hehhehehe shrimpy shrimp... Do they make good Betta snacks?

See the problem is they are probably going to just buy more for the 10 then. It's like Betta cups. You save one thinking your doing a good thing then the store thinks 'well people are buying them, let's buy more and keep them in cups!'. I'd talk to them about it if your really concerned about them.

Now shrimp! I don't know much about them (can't get the really cool ones here :( ) but red cherry shrimp are what everyone always recommend. Or ghost if you think your fish may eat them to begin with.

My privately owned store near me, the one I buy everything but machinery (filters, powerheads etc) and meds at, has a certain policy.

Basically if a fish is in the tank longer than a year, they don't get a new one. Species wise.

So if there were two clowns living in a 30g and nobody bought them for a year, the only time they would get more is if they were special ordered.

They don't replace every bought fish like Petco or Petsmart, they wait until all are gone and the demand is huge.

I haven't seen RCS there, only Ghosts.
I'll go Friday, after I buy gifts for my mom dad and brother.

Hahah, I can't wait to start, like, a colony and have them everywhere... :)

Back
Top Bottom