Shrimp and fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bjtaylor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, iv been looking around lately and have seen a few different shrimp at LFS and I think they look realy cool so I'm thinking bout getting some :) so I thought id ask about how well my fish would go with shrimp in a 90g tank
I have
10 neon tetras
1 red tail shark
2 peppermint plecos

I'm assuming the fish will probably eat the shrimp but will this be slow enough that they might be able to colonize?
Thanks guys

What species of shrimp are you looking at? If it's RCS, then yes, the fish would eat them if they catch them. If it's an Amano, which gets rather large, it wouldn't be an issue.

Wasn't to sure what type I wanted yet. Amano shrimp sound good but I live in Australia and by the sounds of it are kinda impossible to get here :(

Oh, okay. Well, perhaps you can list the shrimp that you're interested in that are available in your area, and we can go from there. :)

Well RCS was one, I can't actually recall any names of the others I saw but I am planning a trip to a few LFS around on the weekend so I can make a list and get back to you:)

Back
Top Bottom