Shrimp/community combo tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Krogman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am going shopping now for materials to add a shrimp tank to my 55 gal :) I'm afraid of my bloodfins eating my juvi RCS coming tomorrow. I am going to get a tank divider and section off maybe 10 gal on one side. I will probably be getting a sponge filter tonight to put in. I really like the HMF but idk if they are going to have one so that at be a DIY and be added later. I plan to have a piece of driftwood with Anubias on it and a piece with Java moss on the shrimp side.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396821000.567886.jpgI had to add filter media to the sides of the divider to stop the little guys from moving to the fish side. The few that made it over there survived by hiding but I moved them back. After the population is higher I am thinking of moving adult shrimp to the fish side, and only keeping the Pregnant ladies and juvies on the shrimp side. I have a DIY sponge filter until my purchased one arrives, should be Monday.

Back
Top Bottom