Shrimp experts wanted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

00youknowit00

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, so I absolutly love the thought of having a ton of shrimp in my tank. A week or to ago I bought 20 RCS from a member here, they were beautiful, bright red, and obviously healthy, I'm positive it wasn't the shrimp that were bad(when I got them).

After a few days I found some dead, not thinking too too much about it, well, I have like 4 left now.. when I received them I was just finishing a fish in cycle, so I didn't have crazy paramaters, pretty good ones actually. The only thing I can chalk it up to is the fact I dosed(only once) with kordon ich rid, after coming to the conclusion that it was the best chemical treatment. After doing the one dose I read the warnings, I saw it shouldn't be used with inverts, after dying a little inside, I immediatly stopped etc..

My question is: do you think that's why my shrimp died? I'm hopeing these last few make it..

Also, anything and everything you can tell me about shrimp would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Okay, so I absolutly love the thought of having a ton of shrimp in my tank. A week or to ago I bought 20 RCS from a member here, they were beautiful, bright red, and obviously healthy, I'm positive it wasn't the shrimp that were bad(when I got them).

After a few days I found some dead, not thinking too too much about it, well, I have like 4 left now.. when I received them I was just finishing a fish in cycle, so I didn't have crazy paramaters, pretty good ones actually. The only thing I can chalk it up to is the fact I dosed(only once) with kordon ich rid, after coming to the conclusion that it was the best chemical treatment. After doing the one dose I read the warnings, I saw it shouldn't be used with inverts, after dying a little inside, I immediatly stopped etc..

My question is: do you think that's why my shrimp died? I'm hopeing these last few make it..

Also, anything and everything you can tell me about shrimp would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

I would read the bottle to see if it has copper or other shrimp sensitive chemicals. I'm guessing if your water paramieters are good, it was either lack of water change, the chemical added, or lack of feeding.

RCS are the easiest, hardyest, dwarf shrimp they have out right now. Even with lack of care, they can survive for long periods of time, so the deaths are most likely the chemical.

Sorry to here about your lost, if you need help with shrimp I've been caring and breeding them for 4 years now, so you can shoot me a private message whenever you want.

Hope I can help
Peace out,
Ben

the ich rid probably killed them. when it comes to inverts,stay away from copper like its the plague
edit:i posted at the same time as someone else AGAIN

the ich rid probably killed them. when it comes to inverts,stay away from copper like its the plague
i posted at the same time as someone else AGAIN

Just letting you know there is time differences are post, I posted mine ten minutes before you, not really the same.

But thanks for pm'ing youknowit with your questions, hopefully i'll be helpful to you

Just letting you know there is time differences are post, I posted mine ten minutes before you, not really the same.

But thanks for pm'ing youknowit with your questions, hopefully i'll be helpful to you
yeah but my internet is real slow and it didnt appear until i posted

Back
Top Bottom