Shrimp tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm hoping to start one soon. In all likelihood I'll end up getting the Fluval Ebi though, cause I'm tired of putting setups together myself.

rcs 10gal planted

here is my 10gal shrimp tank. i have 6 ghost shrimp(4 giant ones and 2 new babys that somehow lived) and 100+rcs, and 1 zebra nirate snail.

for the most part i have jave moss and 3 moss balls for now. just a few blades of dwarf grass. and 3 kinda living rosefolia plants. i just got some star moss thats whats on the drift wood in the front right of the tank. i only have 26watts of lighting but im looking into trying to get about 40watts so i can have some more interesting plants

Attachments

• 10gal tank 2.jpg
    10gal tank 2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 108
  • 10gal tank 3.jpg
    10gal tank 3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 10gal tank 4.jpg
    10gal tank 4.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 105
im soaking more drift wood now to replace the decor on the left. and want to put some type of rock structur in there, most likely in place of the decor. let me know what you think

and i plan on painting th background and the sides black, just debating if i wana start with a new tank and spray paint it nice or carfuly brush this tank.

Hi there I'm currently doing a shrimp tank, I'm in the process of setting up my fluval ebi 7.9 gallon, here are some pics so far

Attachments

• image-2096123884.jpg
    image-2096123884.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 95
  • image-2200998134.jpg
    image-2200998134.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 87
  • image-3436486742.jpg
    image-3436486742.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 87
As you can see I cut the end of a piece of Sumatran boxwood and attached the bottom to the top to create more branches, then siliconed it to a piece of perspex. This will soon be my moss tree :)

strokinbyeu said:
here is my 10gal shrimp tank. i have 6 ghost shrimp(4 giant ones and 2 new babys that somehow lived) and 100+rcs, and 1 zebra nirate snail.

for the most part i have jave moss and 3 moss balls for now. just a few blades of dwarf grass. and 3 kinda living rosefolia plants. i just got some star moss thats whats on the drift wood in the front right of the tank. i only have 26watts of lighting but im looking into trying to get about 40watts so i can have some more interesting plants

Hello, your tank looks great with all the crs and dark substrate. I like the moss and all. May I know the filter type and how u keep ur tank cool?

M1cky69 said:
As you can see I cut the end of a piece of Sumatran boxwood and attached the bottom to the top to create more branches, then siliconed it to a piece of perspex. This will soon be my moss tree :)

I thnk the shrimps will like the moss tree! How do u filter your tank? I'm not familiar with your fluval tank.

I have a 10g tank that I'll be adding RCS and amano shrimp to, but I'll also be putting in a small school of cardinal tetras. For decor I added a rock and two pieces of driftwood. It's still cycling for now.

BTW, neat moss tree you have there.

Hello, your tank looks great with all the crs and dark substrate. I like the moss and all. May I know the filter type and how u keep ur tank cool?

my filter is just a cheap one from walmart that i got off of a freind and i added the foam pre filter on the intake,. the foam prefilter is a replacment from a elite bubbler filter. i found them at petsupplys plus, but i had to open up the hole where the intake goes and had to cut some off the back so i just touches the back glass. my hood is just a 10gal hood that comes with the tank and 2 13watt cfl bulbs from walmart 6500k i think. my tank dosnt get that warm i have it set about 78-80f and my heater still turns on time to time.

i wana go to an led lighting setup but having a hard time finding one thats $300 LOL and im not good at diy with electric so mite have to find a 18in double tube florescnt fixture

Hi there I'm currently doing a shrimp tank, I'm in the process of setting up my fluval ebi 7.9 gallon, here are some pics so far

iv seen 1 or 2 tanks set up with a moss tree and i think they look so neat. cant wait to see what it looks like whan you get it set up

Lemonz said:
I thnk the shrimps will like the moss tree! How do u filter your tank? I'm not familiar with your fluval tank.

The tank has a canister filter made by fluval pic attached, still waiting on my moss mesh for the ground cover

Attachments

• image-1969292635.jpg
    image-1969292635.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 65
Well I got my mesh through the post today, gotta cut it down to exact size and then can order my moss.

Question though, how long can moss stay out of water for before it starts to die? Wanna know how fast I have to be with doing my tree and ground cover

"fish are friends, not food"

I think if the humidity is high, you can get them out for a long time ( maybe more than a couple hours). You should have sufficient time to tie the moss to the 'tree'

Lemonz said:
I think if the humidity is high, you can get them out for a long time ( maybe more than a couple hours). You should have sufficient time to tie the moss to the 'tree'

Cheers, managed to get the moss attached, just waiting on it to start growing

Attachments

• image-2448893016.jpg
    image-2448893016.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3753250347.jpg
    image-3753250347.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 60
  • image-2404641566.jpg
    image-2404641566.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3349830586.jpg
    image-3349830586.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2415814616.jpg
    image-2415814616.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 65
Shadowraven said:
That's quite clever. I don't think that I have ever seen anyone do that with moss before. I believe that I will have to try that myself sometime.

Thanks, it looks nothing like it will, in a few weeks it will start growing through the mess and start looking like a grass carpet

A week on and Riccia is growing lovely, another couple of weeks and I can introduce some shrimp I think :)

Attachments

• image-2818184332.jpg
    image-2818184332.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom