Shrimp trying to get out of water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lake_tuna

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I moved my shrimp to another tank (cycled already), and some of them have been swimming frantically for a few hours. There's one RCS in particular that keep trying to get out of the water by going against the water flow of the HOB filter. Is there something wrong? I did a very large water change before putting the shrimp into the new tank.

Welcome to AA! First did you test the parameters to make sure? Did you add dechlorinator to the tank with the water change? Is the temp the same as the other tank?

At this point you should test paramaters, but wait it out. You can't really reverse anything at this point.

Did you acclimate the shrimp? Like fish, they need to be acclimated to the water conditions slowly. I prefer the drip method.

Water parameters are fine. I did acclimate the shrimp, but I don't use the drip method. I removed the fish that were with the shrimp previously, so maybe they're not scared anymore or something? I also took out any tall plants, so they only have moss on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom