Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-13-2014, 06:28 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Siamese fighting fish

Im going to buy my siamese fighter tomorrow. What should I look for when buying him. Just want to have a nice healthy and happy fish

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 04-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Bright colour, smooth scales, eyes that aren't protruding, fins that look battered could mean fin rot, a bit of curling isn't too bad though,could be born with it.

Hel be quite active poking around all the nooks and crannies, they will spend a lot of the time near the surface to breath but they also go down low and anywhere there's a gap, they tend to start and stop as they rummage about, but slowly, if he's darting around it could be a sign of stress, and If hes lying on the bottom there could be more serious problems obviously.

If he's in with other fish you could watch him for temperament and potential tank mates, eg I got mine from a tank with shrimp, so I got the shrimp too as I could see they were ok with each other. But shop around youl find one you like and youl know when you see him.

Hope this helps =)

Old 04-14-2014, 05:23 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you I will keep all that in mind. 👍

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 04-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

How I always picked mine was bright color actively swimming and if he or she flared at me.

Tags
fight, fighting, fighting fish, fish, siamese, siamese fighting fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com