Sick Angel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I came home tonight and one of my angels is on the bottom of the tank. Trying to swimming but seems to be struggling. When we left to go eat dinner he was swimming fine. And when we got back he was like this. Any idea what is wrong ? Parameters are good. It isn't looking good. The other angel in the tank seems to still be doing great.

Anybody. And idea????

Is the other angel aggressive? Are there any other fish in the tank that would abuse this fish. He may have injured himself on decoration. Or another fish is just bullying him around. Any fins nipped or scrapes on his sides?

I have never seen the other angel being aggressive, or any of the other fish. And none of this fins seemed injured or damages. Like I said when we left he was swimming around the tank and when we came home a couple hours later he was like this.

I have never seen the other angel being aggressive, or any of the other fish. And none of this fins seemed injured or damages. Like I said when we left he was swimming around the tank and when we came home a couple hours later he was like this.

Do you have any stress coat? Throw some in to try and calm the angel and maybe revive him a bit. I had an angel get stuck between a rock and the side of glass. Got him out and he was scraped up and looked like only one side of his body was fuctioning. Threw some stress coat in for a couple of days and now he is fine. Like another member said it could be a parasite of some type and if that were the case it would be hard to treat. Hopefully it all works out and the fish will be ok.

Thanks. I do not have any type a medicine for him. I should definitely get some.

His fins are moving and but he doesn't go anywhere. He is now just sitting on some plants (he is upright), fins moving but not going anywhere. He doesn't seem to have any mark or damages to his body or fins.

I hope he pulls thru. If he makes it thru the night, I will take that as a good sign.

Thanks. I do not have any type a medicine for him. I should definitely get some.

His fins are moving and but he doesn't go anywhere. He is now just sitting on some plants (he is upright), fins moving but not going anywhere. He doesn't seem to have any mark or damages to his body or fins.

I hope he pulls thru. If he makes it thru the night, I will take that as a good sign.

Some good meds to have on hand at all times are stress coat, melafix, pimafix, and some sort of ich medication. I use melafix a lot with my angels, it really helps with any fin tears and other things, and its all natural so it's gentle on all fish. Best of luck!

Yea. I did a 30% water change this morning and going to test the water and may go get a another one so the fish don't get use to not having it in there. Don't want to wait to long to add it. Don't want the other angel or the dwarf gourami to get territorial.

Back
Top Bottom