Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-17-2020, 11:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Silicone tape

Hello aquarium lovers,
I am upgrading to a bigger tank and having difficulties finding LARGE decorations. So I am planning on starting to make my own. Since I like to chance things around once in a while it would be great if small decorations attached to large decorations could be removed and re-attaches easily.
So I was eye-balling the option of silicone sticky pads. Like the ones they use to “stick” your phone on the dashboard of your car. Cut out little pieces, and easily stick small decorations to a large rock sculpture or something.
The questions is: Does anyone know if these silicone sticky pads are aquarium safe?????

Old 01-18-2020, 06:15 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Those silicone sticky pads work on friction and probably wont work underwater.

I would just use small dabs of clear Silicon such as GE Silicone 1. You should be able to pull the decorations apart fairly easily. Basically any silicone caulk that has no mold or mildew inhibitors and is pure silicone. Another option would be clear zip ties.

Tags
silicone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com