Silly loaches!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2cvbloke

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Every now and then I hear a "clunk" come from the tank, which of course is one of the Weather loaches trying to jump out of the water!!! :lol:

But pretty much every day, I hear "escaping air", again, it's one of the loaches, farting (well, expelling excess swallowed air through it's rear end)!!! :lol:

Most of the time they're snuffling through the sand & gravel, flicking it about against the sides of the tank, making a clicking sound (not quite the Clown Loach's clicking) with the gravel... :lol:

But, even though they're not brightly coloured, they're the best fish I have ever seen, they are so entertaining, especially when they do their "I'm a twig" thing in the plants... :lol:

I have several different species of loaches and they are all very entertaining. I must agree they are excellent fish!

Zagz said:
I have several different species of loaches and they are all very entertaining. I must agree they are excellent fish!

Before my mum got the first one (he's now the biggest), I never even knew that they existed, but now, I love the little things!!! Especially when they seem to dogpile under the driftwood... :lol:

They're pretty sociable too, as when I have my hands in the tank to do cleaning or replanting the plants (which they dig up now and then!!!) they quite happily come up and nibble away at my arms thinking I'm food!!! :lol:

I've had my 4 yoyo's for a month and they certainly are my favorite fish so far. So entertaining!

Enjoy ... I've had my yo-yo for about 8 years and they are every bit as entertaining today as they've always been. And they've been through a lot. (lived in a 10g for a couple years, moved to a 55, did various community type combinations with them, and the past 2 years have had them in with african cichlids)

jibboo said:
Enjoy ... I've had my yo-yo for about 8 years and they are every bit as entertaining today as they've always been. And they've been through a lot. (lived in a 10g for a couple years, moved to a 55, did various community type combinations with them, and the past 2 years have had them in with african cichlids)

I was tempted to get another Weather loach today as there was one all alone in a tank with a totally different fish breed, but as my mum's tank is slightly overstocked as it is, I decided against it, they just make me laugh!!! :lol:

When I was planting the new plants in the tank I accidentally caught one between my hand and the glass, the feeling of it wriggling was very strange, but of course as soon as I felt it I moved my hand and it swam off!!!! :lol:

They've been naughty and dug up one of the new plants though, but I was expecting that as they always dig up the new plants!!! :roll:

Back
Top Bottom