silver tipped shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had one for a 2 months now. i feed him flakes, daily he gets tubiflex worms, and a couple of times a week he gets beefheart.

i have read that as they get older, they require salt in the water.

i would also like to mention that a 15 gallon tank is really small for that fish.

you should do lots of research on these guys.. i was thinking about getting one myself, but but they get huge even for my 55 gal

Silver Tipped sharks get larger than Bala's and almost as big as Iridescent Sharks. Anyone who complains about balas or iridescents will hound you about this fish being too big for you to keep.

They are cool to watch and look really neat when they school!

Gonna get like 2ft long. It's actually a brackish fish that will require full marine as an adult... but I think you should have it in Low-end brackish right now.

Way too big for a 15, way too big for a 55 when full grown.

I have a 4" columbian in my brackish tank. Between him and my Violet Gobies I will need at the very minimal a 180g tank when full grown.

Legacy said:
Gonna get like 2ft long. It's actually a brackish fish that will require full marine as an adult... but I think you should have it in Low-end brackish right now.
Actually, I think they only get to 14" but you are definitely right about the other stuff. Also, adults need at least a 5 ft tank.

Back
Top Bottom