Single white dot on betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexTheGreat

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I have noticed my betta fish having a single white dot on his side and the scales around it be a shade darker then the others. I know its not ich becuase Ive delt with it before and he is acting perfectly healthy and is showing no signs of being unhealthy Im just curious as to what it is? 20170929_104058.jpg

The white spots might be a little fungus attached to a very small wound. As for the darkened scales, I don't know. If the Betta is eating and acting normally, just keep an eye on the spot and keep the water clean. If the white spot grows or spreads then it might be Columnais. Probably not that. Just research Columnaris treatments in case you have to use it.

Ya Ive looked into it and he dosent seem to be showing any signs of it so I think it might just be a different colored scale or something

I don't think so. Just keep his water clean and check the tank for and thing sharp. Even plastic plants will hurt them. That's y they have fake silly plants. But any rocks and stuff like that take them out. Even the end of my filter (intake) had a plastic piece on it that was sharp. And I trimmed it off before I put it on. They r delicate fish.

How's he doing? If he gets worse it's probably like fin rot. They call it body rot, and I looked again at your pic of him and noticed what looks like a lump on the back side. Is it or am I seeing things?

He is doing fine so far nothing abnormal and all the stuff isnt sharp enough to hurt him and the little lump on his back i thought it was just his swim bladder becuase i see it in other bettas as well

Back
Top Bottom