Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd say live plants for the 50.

And I'd get a new 20 instead of clearing out an old tank!

That's weird, I thought it was closer to 36x18. I'm hoping for less than 36.5"x18.5" footprint, since that's what the maximum for the stand is. But 30x18 wouldn't fit at all...

If the tank exceeds the desired footprint, would it be possible to place a sheet of plywood that matches the tank dimensions between the tank and stand?
The wedding betta is stunning.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If the tank exceeds the desired footprint, would it be possible to place a sheet of plywood that matches the tank dimensions between the tank and stand?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Neither of us wants to risk a failure of tank that size in our new place or risk losing that many fish. We'd rather return it and get something that fits

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

At this point i think we may start out with fake and gradually work our ways towards planted. Theres just so much going on right now id rather wait till we're settled before we try and maintain them

I considered that solution for the stand, but this is going to be first and foremost our display tank, and the plywood would just look a little clunky I think.

And thanks! Wayne is almost beautiful enough to distract me from the loach sometimes ;)

I want another new tank as much as everyone else on this board, but we're pushing the limits of money and space with what we're already doing, which is why I'm leaning towards clearing out the old 20.

The angels in the 20 are growing like weeds, in no small part because they're mean little buggers. Yesterday I put a cube of frozen brine shrimp in there and the angels pushed it into the corner until it sank and then devoured it while chasing off all of the other fish in the tank. I wish I'd taken a picture. They had huge bellies, I was almost worried they would die of bloat, but a day later and they're back to normal.

Still no 50 gallon xP

I've been enabling my friend, who is a fairly new fishkeeper, in his bad case of MTS. I ended up forgetting to mention sex ratios in platys so he ended up with 2 males and 2 females, so I've got one of his males in my 10 gallon. It's not quite the cycle I had hoped for :facepalm: It's actually my first fish-in cycle for several years though. I didn't miss this process :banghead: He'll get moved into the 50 gallon community when that gets set up. Meanwhile the driftwood is tanning the water in the tank nicely, I like the effect :)

Last edited:
Those angels are like pitbulls when its nom nom time

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol xD that's hilarious ( I haven't moved down officially because of work stuff, yay....) its such a drastic comparison to flint who's just like "i guess I'll share with you guys..."

Not a tank update (possibly one of those tomorrow!) But my phone died last week and I just got a brand new smart phone. Prepare for lots more pictures and posts from me :D
(My previous phone was a dumb phone)
Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tomorrow is my first time transporting a tank by myself xD kinda scared lol its just our ten QT but anxiety isn't logical

Anxiety is always normal when you love something.

Have some pictures!

Attachments

• 1439599554381.jpg
    1439599554381.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 1439599602014.jpg
    1439599602014.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 1439599622312.jpg
    1439599622312.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 105
Pic 1: rare aborichthys sp. from above.

Pic 2: pinoy blue angel? More like piggy blue angels :lol:

Pic 3: QT tank established!

Awsome, dude. Glad to see those 2 again... Lookin good.

Quick update, our betta wyan managed to somehow get INSIDE the cave decoration, how we have no idea xD must think he's a loach

Back
Top Bottom