Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IME... Its a coin flip. Ive seen 2 pairs in a 55 take opposite sides, and coexist peacefully. Ive also seen this go very wrong. But thats just what ive experienced.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hmm... ok. Ann and I both really want more angelfish and maybe want to get more serious breeding them. But we'll see as we go of course. For now I just feel bad with the pair stuck in a 20 gallon. But a 55 gallon with nothing but a pair of angelfish is pretty empty.

You can do it man. Give it a whirl and have a back burner style plan just in case.

I say that because you pay plenty good enough attention to your fish. You would notice over aggression. That and i should have stated in a previous post that it has worked for me in a 55 more than not.

I'll give it a whirl, then. I like the idea aesthetically, and it'll mean having more angelfish pairs to spawn.

We have ram eggs again! This time we're a little more ready. Got a turkey baster to try to remove eggs and tomorrow we'll have a jar to remove them to. Still don't have the brine shrimp eggs but if they're fertile and make it to the free-swimming stage (getting WAY ahead of myself, I know) I'll take it as a positive and go from there. IT'S RAM SEASON!

Still no spawn from this angel pair! Ann and I have been watching them and hoping to catch them every night since we got them. Cold water changes, lots of conditioning food, and no dice! Ah well, fish; whatchya gonna do?

Since you have my ram I will tell you the eggs getting fertilized is all about the water.
For when the eggs are laid they will do better in way to light water(almost/if not straight ro) as opposed to too high.
I know we keep talking about it and your water is close to mine but my fish are so fickle ,that if the eggs aren't fertile keep adding ro without mixing....
They are breeding strong for you!
It is ram breeding season.
Get them too lay eggs on something emoveable or leave them with the parents IMO.
Put pot trays in the tank eitherway.
One of my pairs always lays on silicone but then moves the good eggs to tray leaving the bad behind....

I've upped it to 60% RO. I've got a couple of pot trays in there but they specifically lay them anywhere but the pot trays.

I did up the temperature about a week ago which may help the eggs develop faster? The parents always seem to eat the eggs just before the 48 hour mark so if the eggs hatch before then they may not eat them? At the very least I want to get wigglers :lol:

Get a dip and pour!
I yank all my eggs now into dip and pour containers and float them in same tank as parents.
No extra heater or anything,just an air line and MB.......

The net would cause issue for wiggler IMO.
I had problems back 1+ year with nets.
Can't say they where the problem, but I had no success.
Even a Tupperware container that floats could work?

I'll figure something out! Maybe I'll just let them try parent raising again :lol: If the increased temperature gets them to the wiggler stage, I'll call that a step in the right direction. Ann and I want to focus more on angel breeding anyway; that's sort of our couple's project right now :D

Man my rams hate me. Got 3 spawns from them and then nada. Female sticks her tube out a bit one day, but then the next its in.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Man my rams hate me. Got 3 spawns from them and then nada. Female sticks her tube out a bit one day, but then the next its in.

This is only my 4th spawn, I had a pretty big gap between spawn 1 and spawn 2 (and then it became ram season). I'd give you advice but.... you know what you're doing :lol: Fish will be fish, they'll spawn again soon. I'll trade you ram spawning luck if you can get me angel spawning luck!

This is only my 4th spawn, I had a pretty big gap between spawn 1 and spawn 2 (and then it became ram season). I'd give you advice but.... you know what you're doing :lol: Fish will be fish, they'll spawn again soon. I'll trade you ram spawning luck if you can get me angel spawning luck!

Hold on I'm going to gove Andy a call lol

Gotta keep my eye on this thread I've been out of the loop! Sweet vid ;)

Big update!

The new light arrived, and it is awesome! Really lights up the room. Now the tank just needs a background and some plants from my favorite discus breeder....

Meanwhile, I think the female ram has been eating the eggs because he has wanted no part of her since they spawned. It got so bad that I put the female in the breeder net to protect her and pamper her for the next spawn. This batch of eggs looks really good- a yellowish sort of tint to them so I think they're fertile! You can kinda see it in the 4th picture- above the driftwood, and if you can make out the male ram; the batch of eggs is between them.

Attachments

• 1447188792706.jpg
    1447188792706.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 43
  • 1447188833495.jpg
    1447188833495.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 1447188896284.jpg
    1447188896284.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 1447189009489.jpg
    1447189009489.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 42

Rumor has it sini plays the Carpenters for his rams......
Just saying!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom