Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Believe it or not I don't think I've ever actually had them! I want something to help control algae with all of these plants, and the otos seemed like the best almost-angelfish-safe choice

Bristlenose plecos don't really eat hair algae and they're pretty messy. Plus they will eat eggs.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok otos it is then! Doesn't Andy use BNP for algae cleanup in his tanks?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I dunno, but I think he removes eggs and I'd like to give parent raising a chance.

Believe it or not I don't think I've ever actually had them! I want something to help control algae with all of these plants, and the otos seemed like the best almost-angelfish-safe choice

That's like me with guppies!

They can be sensitive but once settled in they're very interesting to watch. They don't bother other fish, they don't eat fish or shrimp fry, and they do a great job with algae. I love watching them balance on plant leaves!

All packed up.... ?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

WOO! Ann will be home any minute; she had a short shift today. She's gonna be thrilled! No otos today though; petco didn't have them but of course they did have zebra loaches, now that we aren't getting those. :facepalm:

*snip*
Those fish are gorgeous, we're insanely excited over here! Even talking to my professor about projects I could do with angelfish spawning....

Thank you so much buddy. It means a ton to us. If we're successful with these pairs we'll keep spreading the angelfish love around AA. Until it's no longer Aquarium Advice; it'll be Angelfish Anonymous!

Fixed, just in time :lol: She just got home.

Root tabs supposed to arrive today too, but tracking hasn't been updated since Friday so I doubt it.

Speaking of fishmas miracles! The rams have cleaned off and are guarding one of the flowerpot dishes! FINALLY going to get a chance to raise artificially.

Attachments

• 1447715651867.jpg
    1447715651867.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 45
Speaking of fishmas miracles! The rams have cleaned off and are guarding one of the flowerpot dishes! FINALLY going to get a chance to raise artificially.

Poppa got me right!(y)
Make sure you leave the eggs till tomorrow IMO so you know they could have been fertilized and then pull and MB them!:dance:

Poppa got me right!(y)
Make sure you leave the eggs till tomorrow IMO so you know they could have been fertilized and then pull and MB them!:dance:

I have no MB! Uh oh! Anything I could substitute? I've got the air stone. Dunno if they'll spawn tonight, it's only been a week since their last spawn. It IS ram season though!

H202. will work also in the water to prevent fungus.
They often lay in evening and I am on 7-9 cycles with several pairs now.
It is ram breeding season IMO!

What concentration of hydrogen peroxide? "Hardcore" fish stuff is very hard to come by here- including bs eggs and mb.

Back
Top Bottom