Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same to you Fish! Hope you've had a wonderful day

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

I did! Got "The Manuel of Fish Health" book, a Shimano Stratic 3000 reel, a $50 lfs gift card, a drop away rest for my bow, a pair of hiking boots(i blew out the seam in my last pair after 7 yrs), and a bunch of bass pro gift cards.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not quite a Christmas miracle spawn but Arariel and Azrael have REALLY cleaned off a slate while we were gone, and noticing lip locking and other spawning behavior :D hopefully its not too far off

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Merry Christmas!

I got an R2 fish school, google it ! It's AWESOME!!

Congrats, and let us know what happens!

26 gallon bowfront get! I'm thinking either apistos, or using it for angelfish fry until we get a pair out of our best offspring and then using it as a tank for them. Thoughts?

Make a hill out of substrate, cover it in dwarf hair grass and have two or three "trees" of wood with weeping moss. And you could have dwarf shrimp and nano rasboras

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would say fry setup...if you get apistos you'll eventually end up with more fry and the need for more tanks ;)

Make a hill out of substrate, cover it in dwarf hair grass and have two or three "trees" of wood with weeping moss. And you could have dwarf shrimp and nano rasboras

It sounds nice, but it's actually a relatively tall tank so I'd need to get a pretty strong light.

I think we are just gonna save it for a pair formed from our angelfish spawns :D

It sounds nice, but it's actually a relatively tall tank so I'd need to get a pretty strong light.

I think we are just gonna save it for a pair formed from our angelfish spawns :D

Low light plants...

Gonna give some updates tomorrow with pictures! My family was visiting town the past few days so I haven't been on much. But my mother got to see my fish tanks- when I was younger fishkeeping was our hobby together. She was very impressed with my tanks! But she was always peculiar about what fish she wanted us to get- she loves loaches and weird catfish like I do but is uninterested in angelfish, discus, goldfish, livebearers, etc.; anything she deems too common or too "fancy". :lol:
Although the panda kois seem to have changed her mind about angelfish :lol:

Gonna give some updates tomorrow with pictures! My family was visiting town the past few days so I haven't been on much. But my mother got to see my fish tanks- when I was younger fishkeeping was our hobby together. She was very impressed with my tanks! But she was always peculiar about what fish she wanted us to get- she loves loaches and weird catfish like I do but is uninterested in angelfish, discus, goldfish, livebearers, etc.; anything she deems too common or too "fancy". :lol:
Although the panda kois seem to have changed her mind about angelfish :lol:

She sounds like one of my good friends, he loves oddities but doesn't like super fancy fish or common fish or anything like that, he also doesn't like super oddballs. He likes knife fish, african butterfly fish, leaf fish, etc

So I do have a big update, made a few pretty big changes the past few days. But right now worried a bit about the panda koi pair. Male is roughing up the girl and she's taken to a corner. Not quite sure what to do yet.

Update tomorrow after I finish some changes

So I do have a big update, made a few pretty big changes the past few days. But right now worried a bit about the panda koi pair. Male is roughing up the girl and she's taken to a corner. Not quite sure what to do yet.

If he's beating up on her a lot..I wouldn't risk it..maybe make a makeshift divider or something...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I wouldn't say a lot. Mostly chases her into a corner but not much physical violence. I have a divider on hand if it comes to it.

I use eggcrate as a divider in situations like this so that the fish can still see each other but not get to each other. This way, the harassed fish gets to not go through too many changes and the other one gets to calm down a bit. Doing this, it took my female Zebra lace Veil about 3-4 weeks to finally not beat up the bigger Barred Marble male I put in with her. Now, I'm just waiting for them to spawn again. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom