Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galaxy rasboras were caught and sold as food before their discovery in the aquarium trade...

This always blew me away considering how small they were

That crazy! And by the time you clean them, they're even smaller!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Sini, could we get some new loach pics? I'm pulling the shrimp from the 40 soon, so they'll no longer be a compatibility issue. I think a bit of window shopping would be good and you two have all the things <3

Hah! I see what's going on there! One of my dojos decided to drape itself on a mystery snail. It moved away before I got a camera :(

Zebra loach rock :D Those are all of our peaceful botias... You know kuhlis and I wouldn't put an aborichthys loach in your tank :lol:

Attachments

• 1452111434653.jpg
    1452111434653.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 58
Nah, I like my snails. I should probably stick to filling in the ranks of what I have, they're such dears.

Thats a true swarm of speckled swimming beauties... Nice marbling im seeing coming in. Good work guys.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How do you add music to your vids?

There should be a little toolbar below your vids, click the music note icon and it'll let you choose from music.

Thats a true swarm of speckled swimming beauties... Nice marbling im seeing coming in. Good work guys.

Thanks brotha! They're looking real good I think. Not bad for a random pair off of aquabid. I'm going to try to reverse-engineer their genetics by taking the phenotypes of all the offspring we get.

My one question- do they seem a little small? I;ve been looking at pictures of other's angelfish at 6 weeks and I've seen both bigger and smaller fry than mine. I'm not concerned with having the fastest growing angelfish ever but I do want them to have healthy growth.

My one question- do they seem a little small? I;ve been looking at pictures of other's angelfish at 6 weeks and I've seen both bigger and smaller fry than mine. I'm not concerned with having the fastest growing angelfish ever but I do want them to have healthy growth.

Angelfish spawns will always have multiple size fry within the spawn as they grow. You would be wise to remove the larger ones on a consistent basis to allow the smaller fish to grow. ( Mine get pulled once a 7-10 days.) This will give you a better idea of what is a runt and what is just a slow grower.
As for growing rates, there seems to be differing opinions. There are those who feed the heck out of the fish and get them grown and out the door in under 10 weeks and there are others who feed proportionally and let them grow a little slower. There are reports of the fish being stronger when they grow slower. It costs a bit more in time and trouble and food and maintenance but I prefer this over a weaker fish. :whistle: (y)

Sorting by size with angels makes sense,but applied to the GBR will IMO just be pulling the males away from the females.
There is as Andy said always different sized fry in spawns but with some fish it is not just alpha growth.

Sorting by size with angels makes sense,but applied to the GBR will IMO just be pulling the males away from the females.
There is as Andy said always different sized fry in spawns but with some fish it is not just alpha growth.

This is true but I was speaking more in terms of Angels ( and actually bettas as well) than other fish. In Angels, not all the fastest growers are male but at that young age, it shouldn't really matter what gender they are. If you are keeping some for future breeders, you keep the faster 20 growers and you should get a nice mix of sexes. Occasionally, you get all males but that's more chance than predictable. With other fish that do show marked size difference in the genders, this would not apply and you'd be keeping a larger quantity to choose from. (y)

For the space I have I may have to leave them together for now. Gotta get those 40 breeders SOON.

So did you all know that bettas and neon tetras are incompatible due to temperature? Where do people get ideas like that? :facepalm:

Going to try an epsom salt treatment for hexamita... The redhead marble pair are getting worse about eating. Already treated them with prazi so it shouldn't be that. I want them getting medicated food before they stop eating altogether...

On the bright side, the panda koi pair is getting along a lot better!

Have you heard of Clout by fritz aquatics?

It's the best medication I've ever seen, at least for parasites. Cures ick, and hexamita within 3 doses.

It's available on Amazon in a bulk dose lasts for years....

Have you heard of Clout by fritz aquatics?

It's the best medication I've ever seen, at least for parasites. Cures ick, and hexamita within 3 doses.

It's available on Amazon in a bulk dose lasts for years....

It sounds great! But I already have metro and epsom salt, and those work too ;)

Back
Top Bottom