Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thats a lil Kansas tornado in em... Lmao

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bout time you saw it! We've been waiting for your thoughts. Her tube is so far out that I will be shocked if they don't spawn by Sunday, if not tomorrow! Gonna leave the eggs with them so hopefully they remember how to pair raise....

Don't mind me, I don't know anything about breeding angelfish...does it have to be one or the other? Do they get all bent out of shape if you stole a portion of the spawn? I assume the answer is yes...

Well they spawn attached to a surface, typically a piece of slate. To artificially rear you remove what they spawned on to a hatching tank. So it's kinda an all or nothing affair I think, removing the eggs from the slate would probably damage them.

What if you broke the slate and split the eggs that way and used frag glue to glue one piece to the whole one thats left?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What if you broke the slate and split the eggs that way and used frag glue to glue one piece to the whole one thats left?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

For all the trouble I went through to get this slate I'm not breaking it intentionally :lol: Plus I don't have frag glue. The only glue we have is definitely not aquarium safe.

I don't think we're gonna blade any either. We really want to just see them parent raise. I mean, raising lots of babies is fun but we're in this hobby because we like watching fish and this is one of the coolest things fish do :D

The only glue we have is definitely not aquarium safe.

We really want to just see them parent raise. I mean, raising lots of babies is fun but we're in this hobby because we like watching fish and this is one of the coolest things fish do :D

Super glue is aquarium safe...
I agree on the joy of watching parents and baby fish...
My success with the GBR is not even close to the pleasure/joy(and frustration) I have had while doing all this.

In this day and age eventually every other challenge we face has a BS reason($$) as its main underlying cause for such action...

It is nice to just do something for you that you enjoy and then maybe get ahead a little also...:angel:

Super glue is aquarium safe...
I agree on the joy of watching parents and baby fish...
My success with the GBR is not even close to the pleasure/joy(and frustration) I have had while doing all this.

In this day and age eventually every other challenge we face has a BS reason($$) as its main underlying cause for such action...

It is nice to just do something for you that you enjoy and then maybe get ahead a little also...:angel:

I think all the glue we have is from Ann's art supplies.... that stuff is definitely not safe.

Fishkeeping and fishbreeding are just the best, aren't they :D

Some of the random images are so cringeworthy.... Just saw one of a teacup stingray in a 55 gallon with coarse gravel.... :nono:

Teacup stingray??? How have i not known of this.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It was in the random images that show up at the top of the page. It's from a 20-post user that hasn't been on since '08. Sad to think that that ray should still be alive but almost certainly isnt....

I think all the glue we have is from Ann's art supplies.... that stuff is definitely not safe.

Fishkeeping and fishbreeding are just the best, aren't they :D

Hot glue gun stuff should be ok it's plastic I think.
And yes they're the best :)

Sitting here watching the panda kois. Female looks like she's about to start making false passes. Lucky for me the tyke is asleep :D

In bad news.... White stringy poo from the female marble redhead. Until now I've been hesitant but epsom salt soaked food begins tonight.

Back
Top Bottom