Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I live in an apartment so I can't :lol: but thanks for the suggestion!

I think you two should buy a nice medium size house and then install one of them handy dandh generators, wouldn't want you going light headed if the power was out longer ;)

When i lived with my parents we had one those. It was great, 40 miles from anything in any direction so we lost power a lot. It was great to not have to worry about the tanks..

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

My dad installs and maintains them...yet we don't have one on our house.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One of these days Wrangler! Houses are expensive!

LOACH_BOTIA_GOLDEN_ZEBRA_REGULAR.jpg

So, I'm fairly certain that fish on bluegrass is sinibotia robusta. Dangit, it had to be the worst one :banghead:

Why not get a few UPS meant for computer systems? They pass through power and charge until they're needed. They wouldn't last too terribly long, but work in a pinch.

Why not get a few UPS meant for computer systems? They pass through power and charge until they're needed. They wouldn't last too terribly long, but work in a pinch.

That's a good idea! In all likelihood we'll probably just get some battery powered pumps for our sponge filters. But I'm gonna look into that.

All water changes complete this morning except for the panda kois (Ann is in charge of their water changes) and the multis. I got some advice to reduce water changes on the multi tank in order to get more fry and so I'm working on a new water change schedule for them.

Around 30 dead panda koi eggs this morning. A lot less than would be typical on the redhead marble spawn but more than I would like. Going to try some strategies to improve yield....

What's the story on the multis? I've read that smaller WC are a better strategy for tangs but didn't really get around to reading why. Sensitive to change?

What's the story on the multis? I've read that smaller WC are a better strategy for tangs but didn't really get around to reading why. Sensitive to change?

I guess? I got the advice from a guy on the shelldweller forums who does like 30% a month. Not sure if I can bring myself to go that low. I guess yeah, they don't like change.

Also, I'm about to throw my python out the window... it cracked while I was removing it from the sink. As convenient as it is it is a giant PITA to use. I wish I could rig up something better but I'm pretty limited in what I can do to this apartment....

I live in a condo, never used a python.
I have a water bed filler attachment which I screw on to my sink in lieu of the faucet, attach to a 50 foot hose, attached to a plumbing contraption with ball valves, the water bed thing can be set to drain or fill, super convenient
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452532838.190170.jpg

WE HAVE MORE WIGGLERS! PANDA KOI WIGGLERS! (Statistically, probably a bunch of albino wigglers!) Water changed out most of the MB now, just watching the remaining eggs as they hatch...

WE HAVE MORE WIGGLERS! PANDA KOI WIGGLERS! (Statistically, probably a bunch of albino wigglers!) Water changed out most of the MB now, just watching the remaining eggs as they hatch...

Yay!!!! That's finntastic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bandit, my professor is ready to knock down my door for a pair of the ram offspring from your pair :D

Thanks everybody :D

Its ok.... Just save what ya can. You got this.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh don't get me wrong most of them are still fine. At least 80% of the spawn I think. It's just some that should be hatching right about now but are going dead instead. I might just be being extra paranoid because of how awesome these fish are.

80%.... Pshhh, your killin it dude. It took me yrs to get thatkind of rate. I was prbly 13 or 14 before i got 50%. Lol.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom