Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You picked a bad time to make that bet, I was just heading over here to post that Valerie is making false passes at the slate :lol:

I don't know if I've mentioned names on here before- the red koi pair are Ron and Valerie (after the pair of famous shark biologists who invented the shark suit), the new panda koi pair are Azrael and Arariel (after angels in hebrew lore), and then the GBR pair are Edward and Bella (because they're as bad a love story as twilight)

Yeah if we can tell fish apart I usually end up naming them xD

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Yoo-hoo!!! Should have bet on one of your baby Rams:p lol!

Any of your loaches have names?

Yup! Our aborichthys sp. is named Abby. And the yoyos all have names relating to their size or disposition- "Big yoyo" (the alpha female), long/mean yoyo (the grumpy former alpha), two "medium yoyos", and baby yoyo (very very small yoyo). The kubotais are all much closer in size so they'll have to grow before they get named.

We'll probably give them better names once they are all adults :)

Im so excited for my fishmas present... Got a space picked out for it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also possibly on tuesday- showing another one... Get ready mr. rambandit.... There's a short list of AAers, limited by the amount of canvases we could afford (That stuff is EXPENSIVE like you wouldn't believe!), who Missgurnus wants to paint for. Which is to say, if you get a painting, we think you're great! If you didn't, we probably still think you're great! It actually took a ton of time just for us to debate and narrow it down :lol:

You guys are so cool, I've never seen people so nice to each on an online forum!! Truly special here! Very admirable:)

MissG gave us a little peek, fair enough. I'm looking forward to seeing pics from the recipients! So exciting! ?

Actually that was a different painting xD thanks for the compliments guys, it means a lot to us. Its our way of giving back I guess. Wouldn't be where we are without the people on this forum :)

Definitely an awesome gift to give. I made one for my bf for his bday, I'm no artist by any means but it was still fun...don't have a pic of the finished one but here's what I started with :)
Once they're all received I would love to see the pics of them!
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450707342.022727.jpg

Definitely an awesome gift to give. I made one for my bf for his bday, I'm no artist by any means but it was still fun...don't have a pic of the finished one but here's what I started with :)
Once they're all received I would love to see the pics of them!
View attachment 282333

What are you talking about that's great! And ill be posting the completed paintings before they are sent to be sure the people receiving them like them so you'll all get to see :)

One thing I did make a fairly major change to- Last night I swapped the generic fluorescent on the ram tank with the finnex stingray on the betta tank. The rams just look SO much better under this light, but it remains to be seen if they dislike it being so much brighter. They seem to be on a spawning hiatus for some reason so I'm not worried about it.

A new short-term project I'm gonna work on: I'm watching my buddy's tanks over break and he's got cherry barbs that spawn constantly... I might try to save some eggs and rear a few to surprise him with when he gets back.

Back
Top Bottom