Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

Also, quick update if you have been promised a painting. They are gunna take awhile longer, been busier than I thought I would but don't worry!
They are coming! Just might be a little while

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Update time!

New driftwood! The ottos love the biofilm (and so do the little rams). The loaches love the hidey holes! And the angelfish love the branches!

New angelfish spawn! Well, newly free swimming anyway.

New (old) tank! 26 gallon bowfront, being used as a growout for now. This was my first aquarium ever and has held many of my favorite fish ever including sinibotia!

New problems :facepalm: Going to keep them divided for a week and see if it helps (It's a see-through divider)

And finally, new year! Happy new year everyone! Wishing you happy fish, many spawns, many tanks and many friends in the new year!

Attachments

• 1451603035287.jpg
    1451603035287.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 1451603070281.jpg
    1451603070281.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 1451603146146.jpg
    1451603146146.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 1451603235506.jpg
    1451603235506.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 66
Update time!

New driftwood! The ottos love the biofilm (and so do the little rams). The loaches love the hidey holes! And the angelfish love the branches!

New angelfish spawn! Well, newly free swimming anyway.

New (old) tank! 26 gallon bowfront, being used as a growout for now. This was my first aquarium ever and has held many of my favorite fish ever including sinibotia!

New problems :facepalm: Going to keep them divided for a week and see if it helps (It's a see-through divider)

And finally, new year! Happy new year everyone! Wishing you happy fish, many spawns, many tanks and many friends in the new year!

If that divider is one of the Penn Plax type ones, it is opaque more than clear and if it were me, I'd replace that with egg crate or glass so the fish can see each other through it more clearly. Eggcrate will let the water flow through it while glass would mean you need to set up both sides with aeration and filtration. EC is cheap enough at Home depot or Lowe's in the ceiling tile department. (y)

Also, I'd remove the slate from the female's side. You do not want her to get into the habit of spawning without him and the slate just makes it more conducive for her to do that. :whistle:

Just sayin' ;)(y)

Hmm... I can see them pretty clearly through the divider, and they act as though they can see each other, but it is the petsmart brand which seems like the penn plax. How much of a difference do you think it truly makes?

We may just try going without the divider a little longer if the divider we've got is no good.

Hmm... I can see them pretty clearly through the divider, and they act as though they can see each other, but it is the petsmart brand which seems like the penn plax. How much of a difference do you think it truly makes?

We may just try going without the divider a little longer if the divider we've got is no good.

I have them, they are not clear and once some algae or film gets on them, they get even less see through. IMO, what is happening is the fish are reacting to a shape they see not the actual fish. Since it's new, the desire to be with another fish their shape makes them act this way. But once they get used to not being together, that could change. By using Egg crate, they can actually see each other and react to each other without being able to hurt each other. The phrase " Absence makes the heart grow fonder" comes into play here. :brows: The inability to hurt the other one by the aggressor can make them change their ways a bit once reunited. It seems to work rather frequently that way. ;)(y)

Those dividers are great for separating male bettas.... Just an FYI...

Those 2 do look pretty mad at each other! Lol!

Actually, after we pulled the divider about an hour ago, they bickered a little but seem ok :lol:

Rams look like they're gonna spawn tomorrow. Going to save this spawn.

Dude......tell us your secrets. Either you're doing something right with those fry or I'm just unlucky

Seriously though, they do look good! Good to hear that the angels aren't fighting, maybe that means some eggs :brows:

I did a lot of research and asked Andy, Poppa and Bandit a lot of dumb questions; that's my secret :lol: Like I said in your thread, if I had to guess your problem is food. The only way I've gotten my fry to eat non-live foods is by mixing them in with live so that they eat it in the feeding frenzy.

Thanks for the well wishes and the compliments everybody!

Rams are going to span tonight- they're going through the motions and Bella's tube is way out.

Meanwhile, the redhead marbles are still not eating very well and I'm getting a bit worried, so I may try feeding them epsom-salt soaked food for hexamita. They both still seem fat and happy and the male is growing but.... better safe than sorry.

Epsom salt soaking food.... Will that help will constipated fish?? Just curious

- St Charles Almendras Geraldizo

I don't know about constipated, but research shows it'll treat certain parasites like hexamita. I imagine it would help with constipation though. I have epsom salt on hand so it's worth a shot.

Called it! Rams are spawning now. Bella is being weird and laying them on the side of the dish... Oh well. Here's hoping the male fertilizes them properly.

Back
Top Bottom