Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys do you think itd be prudent to create a different thread for my art stuff? Its kinda outta place here but I don't want it to get lost

Sini's my personal bucket lugger..er, I mean husband

Mine are 12-15 years old...
None over 8 inches or ever in less then a 6' tank as long as I have owned them.
I think once a clown gets acclimated to our tank they are almost bullet proof(I have said this before).
Tough to start with many calling them ich magnets?
Mine have survived rainbows,tang cichlids,arrowanas....
Way back in the 80's I kept the clowns I had with a snakehead that ate 10 goldfish a day....
It never touched the loaches?

Back in the day, it was impossible to get extra large Clown Loaches shipped in because they were classified as a "native food fish" so nothing over 10" or 12" ( I forget) could leave the country. So if they are considered a food fish, you know them suckers have to get big. :eek:

You could start an art thread! Where people can post pictures of all kinds of art they made, I've seen it on another forum...

Also could start a for sale thread in classified section...

Only survivor from the 5 that were 6-9". He's heading to CB in late January.

He was the smallest at abt a lil over 6".

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine are 12-15 years old...
None over 8 inches or ever in less then a 6' tank as long as I have owned them.
I think once a clown gets acclimated to our tank they are almost bullet proof(I have said this before).
Tough to start with many calling them ich magnets?
Mine have survived rainbows,tang cichlids,arrowanas....
Way back in the 80's I kept the clowns I had with a snakehead that ate 10 goldfish a day....
It never touched the loaches?

Snakehead knew what's good for him... have you been got by a loach spine? It's not a pleasant experience!

Botiid loaches have a suboccular spine with a mild venom. It's tucked into a pouch normally but they raise them in self defense. Like a tang, but on their head instead of their caudal peduncle.

Well then. I'm never keeping Botiid loaches..I don't appreciate being stabbed by fish spines very much

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back in the day, it was impossible to get extra large Clown Loaches shipped in because they were classified as a "native food fish" so nothing over 10" or 12" ( I forget) could leave the country. So if they are considered a food fish, you know them suckers have to get big. :eek:

Galaxy rasboras were caught and sold as food before their discovery in the aquarium trade...
This always blew me away considering how small they were!

Only survivor from the 5 that were 6-9". He's heading to CB in late January.

He was the smallest at abt a lil over 6".

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yea BABY!!:dance::dance::dance::dance:
Going join my 11 NY Giants!
These fish are so cool I expect mine to welcome Poppas like a long lost friend.
FOR REAL!

Snakehead knew what's good for him... have you been got by a loach spine? It's not a pleasant experience!

The pacus got a taste of the spine way back then and still today I look at the spikes on my guys cheeks!

Taking bets... Will any eggs survive to the wigglers stage? The pair isn't faning them enough I think so a ton have died and are starting to fungus. At least they haven't eaten them yet....

Taking bets... Will any eggs survive to the wigglers stage? The pair isn't faning them enough I think so a ton have died and are starting to fungus. At least they haven't eaten them yet....

I say yes, for no reason really

GBR??
Using tap?
If so IMO none will make it this time....

Well then. I'm never keeping Botiid loaches..I don't appreciate being stabbed by fish spines very much

It's pretty rare to have happen to you... I've only got it once. Typically you're asking for it when it happens ;) It's like a nasty bee sting kinda.

Back
Top Bottom