sinking driftwood... an oxymoron?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chikadee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a piece of driftwood from an old tank that I'd like to put in my new one. My boyfriend cut it in half and used half for his tank, the half with the slate. Now my half (without the slate) just won't sink! I've tried tying it to a flat piece of plastic then putting a bunch of sand on it, I've tried putting rocks on top (that just looks dumb), i was hoping it'd be easier to sink after it got water logged, but no such luck. What should I do?

autoclave it.

what you don't have an pressurized autoclave with wet steam setting down the hall?

haha...just wander around the operating rooms of your favorite local hospital...you'll find an autoclave sooner or later :lol:

seriously though, if you have a pot big enough, i think boiling it should work...or maybe that was with lava rocks.i can never remember...

Some driftwood never sinks. :-\

I learned the hard way, I have a huge chunk floating in my 29er, all its done is kill the plant that was under it by not allowing light.

^boiling might do it

i always thought of sinking driftwood as an oxymoron also haha

What you could do is get yourself a piece of slate and silicon the bogwood to it. When you place it in the tank you can cover the slate with the gravel and bob's your uncle. It will look as though the bogwood is sitting on top of your gravel.

Back
Top Bottom