size and compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pglenn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am setting up a 29g brackish and looking at a few choices of livestock. I have seen varying information and would like advice and experience with some of the following. I have listed a summary of the info/ mis-info I have seen for each...

Orange Chromide
I have read these will grow to 3" in length and are very community friendly. prefer semi-planted environment and live food, such as crustacean

Archerfish
reach anywhere from 5" to 12" but closer to 5" in tanks. tolerant of other tank inhabitants, but prefer live food such as ghost shrimp, black worms, small fish. also like semi- to well-planted, and top dwellers. like other archers as tank-mates and tanks size of 50g+

Silver Scat
similar to above, anywhere from 5" to 10" in tanks, similar diet, and like other scats as tank mates. bottom/middle dwellers and detritus "cleaners". also read tank size of 50g+

Current tank inhabitants include 5 rainbow, 3 female fiddlers, and at least 5 ghost shrimp. the shrimp are expendable, the crabs maybe, but dont want the rainbow to be messed with. current salinity is 1.003

Patrick

Current tank inhabitants include 5 rainbow, 3 female fiddlers, and at least 5 ghost shrimp. the shrimp are expendable, the crabs maybe, but dont want the rainbow to be messed with. current salinity is 1.003

What kind of rainbow is it?

And if the Archerfish and Scat do get that big I wouldn't get them for that tank.

I think one rainbow is a Red Rainbowfish, at least a couple are Blue Rainbowfish. I am really not sure but they all have the shapes/fins of the above.

As for the Scat/ Archer sizes. I am tryig to get a feeling for the "actual tank size" from other experiences as my research has turned up lots of contradicting info. If they truly reach the max size as described above I wouldnt get them either.

Patrick

Back
Top Bottom