Skippy...the cute little innocent male betta! or El Diablo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puriti

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to petsmart yesterday because I needed a pick me up from my bad day (So many things went wrong, including a car accident >.<) the other day so I'm lookin around at the bettas and I see this beautiful male who's got this light white/peach body with maroon coming out from the inside of his fins and then going to transparent color. I say to my boyfriend Rob.."I want that fish O__O it's goreous..." So we get him and then I bring him home and put him into my new 10 gal tank that I evicted my hermit crabs from (Rinsed out and everything) and I put some other fish in. Well he doesn't do much but just stay basically in the same area so I decide..maybe it's because it's not as warm as my 20 gal tank (my new 10 gal hasn't got a heater yet but I'm getting one soon) so I put him in the 20 gal. Then that's when it changed. He went commando agressive on every fish I have in that tank and I watched him do this before I took him out because I didn't think he'd actually do much. He bit at my mollies (never had a betta do this) charged my 4" blue gourami who just smacked him with his little feeler things and scared him, swam after my cories, and completely ignored my other bettas. After he bit my ancient black molly male, Slider, I was just like....OKAY!....this fish has some issues and put him into my molly breeding cage in the same tank. After leaving him in there for about a half hour and letting him get used to the other fish swimming by him I let him out to try again and he did absolutely nothing since. I found it kind of funny but geeze, I've never had a betta take aggression out on any of my other fish other than the bettas because they're usually freaked out by the size...but not Skippy. Now he just ignores everyone pretty much lol ^^; end of meh schpeel

What makes it even funnier is that he was one of the quiet ones at the petstore..and one the ride home...and when I put him in the first tank...then just..BOOM! I'M GONNA TAKE YOU ALL DOWN RIGHT NOW!

i think he may have not been in society for so long (they live half their lives in thost 8oz glasses in solitude) he may have just freaked out, thinking they were invading his turf. but you said he cooled down, so i think he accepted that he other fish werent invaders

the net breeder idea was a good thing to do to get him used to his tank mates, otherwise he may have killed one or two or been killed hiumself from response to the bullying, seen it thappen to many times

Yeah....he also died this morning and I can't figure out why....Must be new fish knock out >.< I dont' see anything wrong with him, he probably was just one of those fish that only last one day and then they die on you -_____-;; *sulks*

*edit* Nevermind it looks like someone was playing him as a chew toy a little bit but I don't think that would've killed him unless he stressed to death ...I really gotta figure out which one's playing my fish as chew toys....it's either the female bettas or my blue gourami -__-;;

Well...now I have Eclipse and Fireball as a replacement for Skippy. My boyfriend needed a pick me up so I let him get a fish lol

Back
Top Bottom