slate caves... opinions please **UPDATE** with pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I put together two caves today. I have an extra piece of slate that I can use to bridge the two caves into one if I want. What do you guys think? Keep them separate or put them together?

together!!!

i think it will look awesome against the back, like a wall of slate and caves for the fish to hide in

looks good to me!!! :D

I second the connected idea. It will look great, and your fish will have lots of hiding spots.

Rich

cool idea, what did you use to seel them? I need to make some caves.. or find some slate caves already made.

i dont think they'll really need to be sealed. if you keep the wc's because it wont like shoot up your ph.

I used regular aquarium silicone to keep the rocks together. It says to let it set for 48 hours so I can put them in the tank on saturday. I cant wait!

yeah, thats what i meant, what did you use to glue the slate together, like aquarium silicon??

The caves are in and all is well. They look so small now that they are in there. but all in all I am happy with they way they turned out. Thank everyone for you opinions. It does look great as one piece.
Here are the pics...

I took these this morning so the ones without the flash have the dumb blinds reflected in the glass.

Here is a close up of the cave

So far the only one to take up residence is Mrs. Hooper (my plec) But the rams have been checking it out

Back
Top Bottom