Slow growing BGK?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tainum

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my BGK for over a month now and don't notice a big change in size, anyone keep them before know just how fast they grow? Mine is just a baby at about 2-3 inches maybe. I feed it primarily blood works but I've seen him pick up on flakes that I feed to the tetras in the tank. I feed it a pretty generous amount of worms as well, I'd say probably 20 or so, once a day.

A month is pretty short period of time; maybe they’re just slow growers? I’m not sure.

What are your water parameters with all that feeding? (And what is the tank size and tankmates; can’t tell if you’re feeding enough or too much without knowing that). High nitrates for example can slow down growth a bit.

I've had my BGK for over a month now and don't notice a big change in size, anyone keep them before know just how fast they grow? Mine is just a baby at about 2-3 inches maybe. I feed it primarily blood works but I've seen him pick up on flakes that I feed to the tetras in the tank. I feed it a pretty generous amount of worms as well, I'd say probably 20 or so, once a day.

They are slow growers. It will take a while for it to put on noticeable size. Just keep feeding well and maintaining good water quality to maximize growth.

Back
Top Bottom