small idea - help with filling test tubes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nextgeneration40

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just an idea but I quickly became frustrated trying to fill my vials in the API kit with tank water,(could never get it at the darn line :banghead:) I went to Walgreens and bought a small syringe (no needle, like you would give a child cough medicine with, mine was a 12 cc). now I just have to draw up 5 cc (ml is the same) and push it into the vial...voila correct level!

again just an idea to make testing a little less frustrating:)

My Tetra test kit came with a 10cc syringe just for that purpose. It was a breeze to do all the tests using the syringe to draw up tank water :)

The issue I have using that **** test is reading the colors off the chart! (I have a red/green color blindness and it makes reading the chart difficult sometimes)

Ouch! I can see that could be a problem. I have a hard time reading those things without that kind of problem.

Perhaps...

Perhaps accurate results can be obtained though the amount of water is a bit above or below the 5 ml line. That would be a good question to get an answer for.

ae123

I have a nice little plastic cup with a spout on the end of it. Makes pouring the right amount very easy. It came with my Black and Decker Quick Press clothing iron. So if you're in need of a new iron...

The issue I have using that **** test is reading the colors off the chart! (I have a red/green color blindness and it makes reading the chart difficult sometimes)
Me too. I take my best guess, then call my wife or one of my daughters to see if I was right...

Most indicators only really respond to concentration, not amount. Near the line is all you really need.

FYI the same works for adding ammonia for a fishless cycle, just need a bigger syringe (had to get a 25 ml for my 90 gallon )

Back
Top Bottom