Small shocking fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bisonbauer

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My aquarium has only really got a few fish that are on show consistently. I would love a little colourful shoal to brighten the tank and add a bit more movement to the picture. My tank is 55L and so I would like some small small fish.. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And the subject was SHOALING fish btw hahaha

Folks are going to want to know what your current stock is to get a better idea for comparability.
For example, Angle fish and large mouth catfish tend to eat smaller fish.

1 dwarf frog
4 kuhli loach
1 ruby shark
2 Congo tetra (rescued)
2 endlers guppy (breeding pair)

I have big fish and small fish. I am not sure how long the tetra will stay though because they are large for the tank. It's a cube as well rather than a long tank which is why (especially with the array) they go hidden at the bottom and the top 2/3 is effectively abandoned. There is an array of wood and plants as well. I did have platy which did the job but now I have bland hiding fish hahaha

I Would get a bigger tank for the shark and tetras. Ember tetras could work.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm a big fan of Ember tetras too.
I had a school of 7 and they were always in hiding, but I recently increased their numbers to 13 and now they are always out and about.
Just something to keep in mind if you go the nano-fish route.

Edit: I just realized you had a breeding pair of guppies. You're likely to have more small fish soon regardless. ;)

The tetras need space I agree. I like the red that's cool. I was looking at diamonhead tetra? Know anything about them? I have a Aquaone 40. It's really square so I am trying to fill that middle space. It's pretty eventless atm. I just put food in btw which is the white dots...ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405892285.219896.jpg

Oh and the breeding pair was an original plan but I have kinda gone off the idea almost and so they are effectively just adding feed to the tank. I had a platy that made it through last year but the rest I let in too early..

I sound like fishkeeper of the year in this forum but I do look after them, honest hahaha

Back
Top Bottom