Snail and Canister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I guess my snail got stuck on the intake pipe for my filter. I tried getting him out but the shell shattered and part of it went up the tube. Do I need to do anything or is that okay?

So I guess my snail got stuck on the intake pipe for my filter. I tried getting him out but the shell shattered and part of it went up the tube. Do I need to do anything or is that okay?

I shouldn't LOL but I hate snails so I usually squash them :)

On a serious note though, if the snail was small and only a little bit of snail meat got drawn into the filter, it should be fine. However, if it was a 1 inch diameter mystery snail, then you want to remove that so it doesn't cause ammonia problems.

Like many others, I love snails and want to help if I can. How is the snail now? Is it in or hanging out of the remaining shell? There is a way to repair major damage using eggshell though, I would warn you, it's a desperate measure with an iffy chance of success. Still, it may be worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom