snail appears??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katiebug

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys,
I have a weird story. My neighbor bought a fish tank with used rocks and filter system some months ago. She had left the bone dry fish tank for about 4-5 months because she didn't have a filter pad. So I bought her one and transferred her Betta into the tank and a friend also got her a new little fish. Well it has been about 2 months since then and suddenly there is a snail!! Its one of those spirally snails you find in a pond in the wild. We have no clue where it came from, all we can figure is that it survived being dehydrated. Any ideas?

Hey guys,
I have a weird story. My neighbor bought a fish tank with used rocks and filter system some months ago. She had left the bone dry fish tank for about 4-5 months because she didn't have a filter pad. So I bought her one and transferred her Betta into the tank and a friend also got her a new little fish. Well it has been about 2 months since then and suddenly there is a snail!! Its one of those spirally snails you find in a pond in the wild. We have no clue where it came from, all we can figure is that it survived being dehydrated. Any ideas?
I don't know too much about snails to be honest but i remember reading a post recently about how some snail eggs can lay dormant for a long time. I can't honestly say this is the reason for your friends surprise guest but i would say it's the most like cause....
If she has added any real plants, then that would be the most likely cause...

Back
Top Bottom