Snail can’t come out of shell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlexTheGreat

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I medicated my tank a while back with microbe lift herbtana becuase my fish had some cotton mouth. It said it was safe for plants and inverts but after it cleared up all my fish recovered but I had one of my snails die and one seems to be trying to come out of the shell but cant while the other just doesn’t come out and only uses the siphon they have. 20171007_195814.jpg 20171007_195818.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, and if their limp body falls out of the shell, dead.

If they stay locked up it might just take some time for them to come out, I had one not come out for about 3 weeks when it was injured by some salt water being added when there was Ich, after that it lived a long time.

Yes, and if their limp body falls out of the shell, dead.

If they stay locked up it might just take some time for them to come out, I had one not come out for about 3 weeks when it was injured by some salt water being added when there was Ich, after that it lived a long time.
Along with some water changes would there be anything else that i could to to help them out like some blanched zucchini or do i just have to wait for them to recover on there own?

Clean water is one of the best things for all the aqua critters. Gives them the best chance to be at the best health to overcome whatever ails them.

Is your tank cycled? If you need a little more info on fish keeping check the article in my signature line. Full of great helps.

Clean water is one of the best things for all the aqua critters. Gives them the best chance to be at the best health to overcome whatever ails them.

Is your tank cycled? If you need a little more info on fish keeping check the article in my signature line. Full of great helps.
My tank is fully cycled i used a bunch of threads here actually to help me out with that I just wanted to know if there was something special that i can give to snails to help them or if just more water changes will do?

Good to hear it was cycled and you got good advice. :)

Yes, yummy foods might entice them out. Make sure to remove uneaten food after a few hours so it doesn't foul the water.

Good to hear it was cycled and you got good advice. :)

Yes, yummy foods might entice them out. Make sure to remove uneaten food after a few hours so it doesn't foul the water.
Alright that good to hear :) thank you I will try all that and hopefully they get better

Back
Top Bottom