Snail Expert Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coralocean

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do snails fight or is something going on here?

Attachments

• 20180225_123936_opt.jpg
    20180225_123936_opt.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 78
It lasted maybe 10 minutes...then they went their separate ways. My gourami was sitting there watching them lol.

Tiny snail

Can anyone identify this little guy?

Attachments

• baby snail.jpg
    baby snail.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 66
Any baby mystery snails yet? I had one cluster hatch and there were tons of tiny mystery snails absolutely everywhere.

Ramshorn? Must have been a hitch hiker. Grats Z!!
No eggs yet and I have 5 now. There is all sorts of mating going on all the time but no one lays a clutch.

Ramshorn? Must have been a hitch hiker. Grats Z!!
No eggs yet and I have 5 now. There is all sorts of mating going on all the time but no one lays a clutch.

Don't congrats me ;) I didn't want any more snails so I may or may not have added some goldfish temporarily to the tank.... Not a snail in sight now.

Well, except for the single mail mystery I left, gave away the other 2 females. Nerites are a better pick for next time I think.

Don't congrats me ;) I didn't want any more snails so I may or may not have added some goldfish temporarily to the tank.... Not a snail in sight now.

Well, except for the single mail mystery I left, gave away the other 2 females. Nerites are a better pick for next time I think.

:eek: Snail murderer!! J/k Snails are friends not food..except for the pea puffer I might get when I have a million snails. :hide:

Did water changes today only to discover two baby ramshorn snails mating inside my fake clam in my 30 gallon. :facepalm: Mystery snails mated all day still no eggs. :whistle:

I really always thought I have big sex drive but these aquatic creatures proved me wrong ?

I have 6 mystery snails now in their own 10 gallon tank. Three I have had for months. I know I have males and females large and small. They eat and mate, eat and mate. I have the water level down 4 in at least.

Water is 80F, 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite nitrate <20, Ph 8.4. The females do go up to the water line sometimes but no egg clutches. They love my hard water the shells are in excellent shape.

There are no fish to bother them, just one very aggressive male snail. He's like a stalker on steroids won't leave the girls alone to um breathe. Any insight as to why no one lays eggs? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom