Snail explosion = Betta treats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishielizzie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! My well established, 5gal tank had a snail explosion and I'm on my way to remedy that with an Assassin snail. My baby boy betta is brand new as of today and is living in a temporary tank. Would there be any harm if I put in a few of those extra small snails for him to peck/nibble at? If he eats them, would that make him sick? My hunch is no, but maybe ya'll would have some more solid reasons as to yes or no.

Yeah it's fine, he actually won't bother them, never seen a betta go for a snail and I don't think they can even eat them

In my 5.5g tank I had snails, i when i added a betta the first thing that he did is try to eat a baby snail. He couldnt eat it though and he lost interest really quick

Snail explosion !== Betta treats

Thanks all!

I put three snails in and just like everyone said, they didn't get hurt. The betta poked at their antennae a bit, but then definitely lost interest exactly as said by SadSoyBeans.

I ended up putting them all back into the big tank again. Now I'm curious if my new 1 in. long assassin snail will be able to eat them. They were about 1cm in size each, so maybe they are too big for the assassin? We'll see! Anyways... interesting experiments all around!

Back
Top Bottom