Snail help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mulch05

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have been away on holiday and I knew about the odd 1or 2 snails in my tank I have had a friend come over and id them but he's not 100% sure of what they are. I was told most likely turbo snails but any help would be great, as I have now counted in my tank 16 little ones IMG_20180530_084315.jpg

Yeah so, the funny thing about snails is that they breed quite a lot and the eggs are very hard to see in water so it could be that the eggs had been there for a long time and finally hatched. I would recommend scooping out the little ones and doing with them what you like, you can raise them on a snail farm, give them away, etc.

Looks like common pond or bladder snail to me. They breed easily and fast. They are pest snails and hard to get rid of. Could get an assassin snail to help keep the population controlled as they eat other snails (hence assassin ��).

Alternatively, you could get 1 or 2 clown loaches. they love snails.

Sink a piece of lettuce or a slice of cucumber/zucchini and pull it out the next day. It should be coated with snails.
You can raise them in a separate tank; make some $$ selling snails.

Back
Top Bottom