Snail Infestation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azabujuban

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been setting up my tank and have it established for about six months now. I've got some anubias, amazon swords, hornwort, and driftwood with Java moss in my take at the moment. Alongside the plants, I have four pygmy corydoras, an otto, and two red cherry shrimp.

Long story short, I woke up this morning and saw nearly 50 snails all over the glass with more specks all over the glass. They will be sure to on the glass and visible within a few days.

How can I eradicate this problem? Will pufferfish do the job and not attack my other fish and shrimp? Really need to get this taken care of before things get too out of hand.

Thank you,
麻布十番

Assassin snails are amazing, I also had this problem, came in on plants, brought some off eBay and I've got no other snails left in the tank, plus they need a male and female to breed so you won't have hundreds of them in your tank

Pufferfish will make short work of the shrimp and probably have a go at the corys as well.

Assassins are the way to go if you are patient. If you aren't, then (assuming your tank is large enough etc) loaches will take care of those snails.

Back
Top Bottom