Snail question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Majbarsalona said:
Does anybody know what type of snail this is? Also what are the pros and cons of keeping the snail in a red cherry shrimp tank?

I see no picture

i see no picture in the users' album either.

Last edited:
Sorry I guess it didn't work

It's a ramshorn snail.

They tend to breed rapidly under the right circumstances, so you know.

No real threat to shrimp that I know of, might compete for food perhaps.

Again I must warn you, they tend to explode in population given half a chance. In my 20 gallon, which I feed the fish not very often at all, they still seem to reproduce like crazy.

It's a ramshorn snail.

They tend to breed rapidly under the right circumstances, so you know.

No real threat to shrimp that I know of, might compete for food perhaps.

Again I must warn you, they tend to explode in population given half a chance. In my 20 gallon, which I feed the fish not very often at all, they still seem to reproduce like crazy.

So if I only have one they're basically harmless?

It won't hurt anything but you most likely won't have just one very long!

actually i read online that ramshorn snails are asexual and have both male and female parts. i have pond snails that i feed to my figure eight puffer and they also are asexual they breed quite rapidly and show up randomly i have a 40 gallon tank and i find pond snails in there all the time even though that's not the tank my puffer is in so just be careful about it so personally i would find that snail put it in a 2 gallon tank and then feed it lettuce and then get a freshwater puffer any type of FWP will eat those FWPs are also super cute but need a heavily planted tank so good luck with that snail

Back
Top Bottom