Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long can I keep the cuttle bone in the aquarium or do I leave it till its gone

Yeah my blue female just laid a clutch the father is gold kinda want to know what colors I will get here are some more pics

I would luv to know what sex my ivory is I'm hoping a female that way my gold male can breed with both of them

How often do snails breed because my gold and blue are mating right now

xfactor6699 said:
Yeah my blue female just laid a clutch the father is gold kinda want to know what colors I will get here are some more pics

I am awaiting the same outcome. My blue mystery and gold mated and laid a clutch of eggs. Also have a clutch from ivory with black that I am waiting on too.

I put half a cuttle bone in, bury it in the substrate, the snails never ate it, it just absorbed into them. Of course I had about 20-50 snails in each 10 gallon tank, so it probably just depends on how many snails you have in there.
My mystery snail laid eggs all the time, even when she was alone, so some of the eggs might not even be fertilized. If you want the best results with the clutches/babies, take the clutch off the side of the tank, and get a sponge like the one inside your filter, put the sponge in a tupperware bowl, put just enough water in there to keep it moist, float the tupperware, and lay the clutch on top of the sponge. That way it always stays moist enough, and when they hatch they don't get eaten by other fish.
Now that you have a white, gold and blue mystery, you need to get one of those magenta ones! I love those. :)

P.S. I had to share one of my pics, because it's awesome! I miss my snail (had to adopt her out since I am 98% sure I am moving. :().

Attachments

• mystery1.jpg
    mystery1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 87
Probably not putting it all out. Mine only did it a couple times, usually she was pretty close to the surface. It was about 5 inches long though, she was the size of a golfball.

Mine is around that size.. I think it's a girl but when I try to look they always close up. I have nine snails and hopefully by next week I will have some guppies!!! Fancy guppies are my favorite!!! :)

I put half a cuttle bone in, bury it in the substrate, the snails never ate it, it just absorbed into them.

But you didn't have an issue with it messing up your water parameters huh?

OK, I think I'll try it with my big tank first and see if it helps my mystery and nerite snails before I put it in my 8g.

Thanks!

Nope, never had a problem. :) In the 8 gallon, you might want to use a smaller piece of cuttle, like 1/4 of it, instead of 1/2.

Back
Top Bottom