snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy guy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have 3 snail so far, a tiger snail, one that looks like a ladybug, and a white/gold mystery snail.. I also like nerites, and want them for my sand bed... but my question, will they all get along? Will different types of snail breed with other closley related types (ie. Blue mystey/white mystery)
What other types of snail could I do??
I loove snail, and think they really give the tank a natural feel. I'm starting a 25 or 30 gal. Soon, and want lots of snail to hang out with the loach (maybe a couple, no reasearch on these guys yet) and 2 vampire shrimp, in a heavily planted, sand bottom tank...
What other snail are there?
I saw one type of nerite that looked like a mystery, but had 3 spikes on its shell, what's that called lol??

ok all snails can go together except assassin snails unless you want dead snails. any snails form the same species can breed i think im not totally sure on that. you dont want too many mysery snails bc they do more harm then good. those nerite snails are horned nerite snails. good luck

Back
Top Bottom