Snails for 10 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mPhish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi! I've got a 10 gal tank with 8 male guppies in it. I would like to get something to eat algae, but I don't think I can fit any more fish. I like corys and otos, but I don't think my tank can support them. Could I get a mystery snail? I don't want it just for the algae, i think it would be fun to have in my tank. Is it worth it? :thanks:

Hi! I've got a 10 gal tank with 8 male guppies in it. I would like to get something to eat algae, but I don't think I can fit any more fish. I like corys and otos, but I don't think my tank can support them. Could I get a mystery snail? I don't want it just for the algae, i think it would be fun to have in my tank. Is it worth it? :thanks:

Hi, your tank would be fine for a mystery but they don't really eat algae. You would have to feed it algae wafers or fresh veg. If your looking for a snail that eats algae i would say a nerite snail they're really hard workers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412483717.902135.jpg

Nerite is the way to go! I love mine. This pic was a year ago when I got Roger, you can see the dark spots on helmet - algae, and the cleaned up part. He is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do they have nerite snails at PetCo? Ive never seen them at petsmart, and those are the only 2 pet stores nearby that sell fish and stuff...

Back
Top Bottom