Snails help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aking

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Bought some plants last month and now I have snails popping up like the plague. What do I do?

I have the same problem in my 5 gallon. From what ive seen suggested is that you can try to cut down their numbers by baiting them with vegetables (lettuce/zuccuni have been mentioned) or you could also introduce a predator such as assassin snails/loaches if possible.

I have lots of pest snails. I put some blanched zucchini in my tank tonight for the fish and viola- instant snail trap!

So after you catch the snails, how do you choose to dispose of them? Just out of curiosity

So after you catch the snails, how do you choose to dispose of them? Just out of curiosity

Put them in a ziplock bag and let them spend the night in the freezer. Remove bag+ dead snails in the morning and toss in the trash. If you want a 'natural' way to get rid of them, I'd suggest an assassin snail. Only go with assassin snails of your not going to add different snails(apple,ramshorn ect)

Forgot to ask: how many gallons is the infested tank?

Back
Top Bottom