Snails or Crayfish for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KristaButler

Aquarium Advice Freak
We love feeding the fish small crickets from the pet store. However, I noticed that someone mentioned feeding crayfish babies. I have fed crushed snails before. I have 3 angelfish and 1 Cichlid.

I am wondering, would it be better to have a grow out tank of snails or crayfish? Which would produce faster and which would be more fun to raise? All opinions appreciated.

Many breeders use the Marmorkreb AKA self cloning cray just for this purpose. I had mine almost a year before they multiplied ,but the first time it had over 60 babies..I have had 3-4 births since then in the 2 tanks I keep mine.
I happen to sell Marmorkrebs...The babies are small enough most fish we keep could eat them..I just think they are cool ,but may some day offer a few to my breeders...
I sell adults and juveniles .

Many breeders use the Marmorkreb AKA self cloning cray just for this purpose. I had mine almost a year before they multiplied ,but the first time it had over 60 babies..I have had 3-4 births since then in the 2 tanks I keep mine.
I happen to sell Marmorkrebs...The babies are small enough most fish we keep could eat them..I just think they are cool ,but may some day offer a few to my breeders...
I sell adults and juveniles .

Yes, actually it was your crayfish on aquabid that speared this post.

Back
Top Bottom