snakeskin gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MatthewM

Aquarium Advice Activist
I saw one of these yesterday and was wanting to get it! Any suggestions or anything I need to know anyone ever kept one before? I heard they can get up to 10 inches and that's ok my tank will handle him fine!

125 gallon the 6 ft long one so the size is fine but the tankmates is what I was wondering about! I have a albino Oscar and a male JD both medium size probably about the same as the gourami is now. Along with a blue gourami I'm moving soon 3 convicts I'm moving soon a pleco I'm moving when he gets bigger and a full grown spotted sump cat!

Hmm, I'm not sure. Oscars can get up to 18 inches, so watch out for aggression from the Oscar. Hopefully someone that knows more about snakeskin gouramis can chime in.

18???? Hmmmmm I've never heard of a Oscar quite that big I was told 14 max.......but nevermind that I'm willing to replace him if he gets to aghresive!

Actually fish never stop growing since they don't have to contend with gravity in the water, they just slow down. Oscars do get pretty big though and I don't think they'd be good with the gourami.

Back
Top Bottom