So excited!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twoodrough

Aquarium Advice Freak
Got a pretty awesome deal on a pretty great tank today off Craigslist. I can't set it up till December or January because it is my Christmas/Birthday present, but I was glad to find a good clean tank with very little wear on it. It's used, so it can't be perfect, but it was close, and the price was hard to beat for what I got.

Got a pretty awesome deal on a pretty great tank today off Craigslist. I can't set it up till December or January because it is my Christmas/Birthday present, but I was glad to find a good clean tank with very little wear on it. It's used, so it can't be perfect, but it was close, and the price was hard to beat for what I got.

Congrats....you just missed CHRISTMAS IN JULY...lol maybe you could of sold that concept to set the tank up early!!!

I got a 38 (didn't even know there was such a thing) tank, stand, hood, and light, with a Marineland penguin 330 (for 50-70 gallons), heater, decorations, larger sized air pump, quad air hose hook up, a couple larger long air stones, and a fair amount more of other toys that I am not going to list. I was pretty excited to get a bubble tube that will shoot bubbles up the back of the tank. I have always wanted one but never got one. Yippee!

The set up was in petty fantastic shape. I think we found one minor scratch that was 3 inches that I had to look twice before I actually saw what my husband saw, I found one surface chip on the inside, and maybe one or two smaller scratches that we really had to look for. We spent 15 minutes going over it and being nit picky. Even the filter was pretty clean...as good as you can get for anything that had been used for more than a month. There was no obvious damage on the stand at all. They took care of it and cleaned the whole thing up really well.

We got the whole shebang for $140. I almost felt bad asking for less than they listed given the condition and the extras, and what it would cost new for the same things, but they could have said no and we would have gotten it anyway.

I was trying to find an alternative to spending $200 on a brand new 29 gallon tank, stand, hood, light set up that would have been my Christmas/birthday present if nothing great came up on craigslist. This set up is just short of being "new" quality, and I got a bigger tank than I was wanting with more toys for less money. Even my husband did not argue.

I have it filled checking for slow leaks then it gets packed away until December.

Congrats, sounds like a really good deal. Do you really need to wait til December/January though? That's a long time to wait. If you started now, you'd have an established aquarium by then.

Won't be hard to establish. I have a 20 going now and will just use the media from there when I set up the 38. Then I plan to be lightly stocked. I really just want an angelfish at the moment and will go from there.

Congrats, sounds like a really good deal. Do you really need to wait til December/January though? That's a long time to wait. If you started now, you'd have an established aquarium by then.
I agree. I'm assuming it's your parents that won't let you set it up??

Nope - my conscience. This tank was not supposed to happen until December, so I am trying to stay true to that. Also, I just got a krib pair set up in my 20 and I want to watch them for few months before messing with them. They had one batch of babies already, and even though none made it we are looking forward to having it happen again. Not sure how the tanks will get set up when the 38 goes up, so for now I am just going to enjoy things as they are, and enjoy the anticipation of the larger tank until I get ready.

Back
Top Bottom